Health Education England commissioned Skills for Health in collaboration with Skills for Care to develop this core skills education and training framework for person-centred approaches.
The value of a person-centred approach in health and care is increasingly recognised – much has been written about what it is and why it is important. However, it is less clear how to develop the workforce to put this into practice – which is the purpose of this framework.
The framework launched in July 2017 and comprises the following subject areas:
- Core communication and relationship building skills
- Step 1. Conversations to engage with people
- Step 2. Conversations to enable and support people
- Step 3. Conversations with people to collaboratively manage highest complexity and significant risk
- Delivery of training, education and learning opportunities
- ‘Enablers’ for embedding a person-centred approach.