Two brothers on the autistic spectrum were looking for work when one had the idea of opening a comic shop. It turned out to be an inspired choice.
Latest updates from the national Transforming Care programme including:
- The role of social care in prevention – get involved in research
- Trainee Nursing Associates expansion in Learning Disability services
- Return to Practice (RTP) Learning Disability Nursing
- Using conversations to assess and plan people’s care and support – new guidance
- New winter campaign
- MindEd Learning Disability Mental Health
- Advice note for Directors for adult social care services on commissioning out of area care and support
- New easy read newsletter
- New journal article – Workforce development: perspectives from people with learning disabilities
- Resources from Twisted Ducks – topics important to people with a learning disability and autism
- Workforce planning and support
The North West self advocates forum have agreed to host a national self advocacy convention. This will happen alongside the North West Self Advocacy conference that has happened for the last 15 years.
There are 40 extra places for self advocates from across England. Can you talk to other groups or people in your region about who might come?
The guidance, drawn up by the Royal College of Psychiatrists (RCPsych), focuses on patients with severe mental illness and on four ‘red-flag’ scenarios, including where concerns have been raised by families and carers or where patients have experienced psychosis or had an eating disorder.
–Reducing, measuring and responding to health inequalities experienced by people with learning disabilities…… a multidimensional overview of projects supported by HEE working across KSS