Last year’s conference launched the Kent, Surrey & Sussex LD Community of Practice
Thursday 15 June, 9am to 5pm – The Charis Centre, Crawley, Surrey
The Kent, Surrey & Sussex Learning Disability Community of Practice is pleased to announce the date of its 2017 conference. The theme for the day will be: Building Our Community.
The intended outcomes of the conference are for participants to share and hear about good practice initiatives in the care and support for people with learning disabilities, to be consulted about how the Community of Practice might develop in the future and to network with other Community of Practice members.
The conference will include:
- Keynote speakers
- Workshops presented by Community of Practice members highlighting good practice initiatives
- Consultation around the future development of the Community of Practice
- Recruitment of ‘Community Champions’
- Market stalls
- Posters produced by Community of Practice members highlighting good practice initiatives
- The production of a film of the day
A chance to meet and share good practice, hear from speakers and join in workshops
Share your practice in a workshop or poster
The Community of Practice is looking for local people from across Kent, Surrey and Sussex to present local good practice initiatives and to share their work at the Conference in a workshop or by producing a poster.
If you are interested in doing this download this form – this is an Adobe ‘fillable’ form, fill it in, save it and return it attached to an email to email@example.com
There is a separate form to download and fill in if you want to run a stall in the Market Place on the day, again, return it to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications to run workshops or produce posters is 19 May 2017. Applications should focus on the three purposes of the Community of Practice which are to:
- Be person centred
- Provide the best quality care and support and
- Improve equality and access.
Criteria for selection
Conference organisers will decide which applications are successful based on the following criteria:
- The title is clear and describes the content
- The abstract is less than 300 words
- The workshop or poster focuses on the three purposes of the Community of Practice
- The content is relevant to the Community of Practice members
- The content of the workshop or poster is explicit
- Materials to be used are inclusive and easy to understand, to meet the needs of every member of the Community of Practice.
Want to know more?
If you have any queries, please contact email@example.com
Tell everyone about this event!
If you know someone else who’d be interested – please forward this link to them: http://bit.ly/2nrkPWu
Want to join our mailing list?
Sign up in seconds on our website: https://ldcop.org.uk/contact-us