Slides from the event are available on the blog here.
Find out more about the consultation and how you can get involved on the blog here.
Despite the volume of reports and initiatives arising from past scandals we fear that by the time this is published there will have been yet another somewhere involving the abuse of someone with the label of ‘challenging’. Why is a solution is so elusive? Would it help to switch our focus from the behaviour of the person to the behaviour of others – to worker mind-set, stress and narrative?
Sustaining Our Community
The Kent, Surrey & Sussex Learning Disability Community of Practice 2018 Conference
Thursday 21st June 9am to 5pm, The Charis Centre, Crawley, Surrey RH11 7EL
The Kent, Surrey & Sussex Learning Disability Community of Practice is pleased to announce the date of its 2018 conference. The theme for the day will be: Sustaining Our Community.
The intended outcomes of the conference are for participants to share and hear about good practice initiatives in the care and support for people with learning disabilities, to be consulted about how the Community of Practice might develop in the future and to network with other Community of Practice members.
The conference will include:
· keynote speakers
· workshops presented by Community of Practice members highlighting good practice initiatives
· consultation about the future sustainment of the Community of Practice and report of progress to date
· recruitment of ‘champions’
· market stalls
· posters produced by Community of Practice members highlighting good practice initiatives
· the production of a film of day
A call for contributions will follow, in the meantime please save the date!