Tue 12 September 2017 10:00 – 13:00
Want to improve your venue’s ability to meet the needs of audience members with learning disabilities, enhanced or specific needs?
You’re invited to learn from an informal two-hour training session for exhibitors, co-delivered by a learning disabled member of the Oska Bright Film Festival team. You’ll find out the secrets of marketing to, welcoming, engaging and retaining learning disabled audiences.
Some comments about the workshop, delivered at Gulbenkian last month:
- “Very interesting workshop – made me think about things in a different way”
- “Humbled, enlightened, keen to see more”
- “It’s good to spread awareness about being different”
More information here.
Christos Kouimtsidis, Katrina Scior and Angela Hassiotis have published a Manual for Extended Brief Intervention for Alcohol Misuse by People with Learning Disabilities.
A training guide to help clinicians to treat people with communication and cognitive problems about changing their alcohol use behaviour.
The manual is available here.
You can read about the related trial here
New Consultation: (NICE) People’s experience in adult social care services: improving the experience of care for people using adult social care services: Draft guidance consultation
Who is it for?
- Practitioners working in adult social care services in all settings
- Care managers and providers (statutory and non-statutory) of health and social care services.
- People using services, their families, carers, advocates and the public.
- Commissioners of health and social care services, including people who purchase their own care.
More information can be found here:
The draft guidelines can be found here: